Theoretical part With DOP and Dean of the Film Institute: Dr. Hisham Gamal
06 Sessions | 18 Hours
- Basics of Cinematography.
- The theory of the survival of the image effect.
- Form and installation of the digital cinematography camera and its main parts.
- Different types of photosensitivity and color sensitivity.
- Lenses, image sizes and zoom lenses.
- Optical properties of lenses.
- General effects of lenses on the image depth of field.
- The theory of digital cinematic image work and the method of visual processing.
- The difference between traditional and digital cinema work.
- Dramatic camera movements.
- Composition studies and the relationship of the subject being filmed in different backgrounds.
- Cinematic lighting and image dimensions.
Theoretical part With VFX Ahmed Gouba
03 Sessions | 09 Hours
- The difference between visual and special effects.
- History of effects and reasons for their use.
- How to set a budget for visual effects.
- How to design visual effects scenes.
- Photogrammetry and determining the dimensions of the filming site.
- High dynamic range lighting and image.
- Photographic references and materials.
- Definition of used programs and applications.
- Virtual decoration.
- Laser scanning and motion control.
- How to implement effects in the film editing stage.
Practical part With DOP Mahmoud Loutfi
10 Sessions | 30 Hours
- Understanding the circle of light.
- Understanding the different lighting techniques (High key- Low key- Noir- Black and White).
- How to work with available light.
- Creating your own artificial light equipment.
- How to light a green screen.
- Products lighting.
- Different lighting ideas for interviews.
- Lighting moving cars (budget- no budget).
- Lighting a staged car scene.
- Using the light meter and other display tools (EV- Histogram- to determine exposure)
Directing with Mohamed Nader
10 Sessions | 30 Hours
- General rules in directing that the DOP has to know.
- The relationship between DOP, the film director and the rest of the teamwork.
- The role of the director of photography in the different filming stages.
- Analyzing projects/tasks presented by students during the workshop duration.
- Sessions by Mahmoud Lotfy and Mohamed Nader are taught alternately as weekly projects are implemented.
- During the practical phase, 7 projects are implemented, which are discussed and evaluated by the instructors.
- In the last session, a scene will be filmed under the supervision of director Mohamed Nader.