IN THIS WORKSHOP
Workshop will be held in English and Arabic (mostly English)
In order to live organically within the dramatic situation, the actor needs a concrete but also flexible communication process. Somatic acting develops a dynamic awareness of the body – senses, emotions and thoughts – and its impact on the muscles and joints as states of tension and release. The development of embodied awareness encourages a true and immediate expression of the moment, keeping it “fresh”, regardless of how often the actor is required to re-enter the dramatic situation.
- Learning to “think” with the body by increasing awareness through movement of how it feels to be you on the inside and how to transform this sensation dramatically into the needs of the story.
- Becoming aware of how you attend to your thoughts, emotions and physical sensations.
- Working with “live” emotions.
- Acting out powerful emotional dramatic situations which encourage a more immediate expressiveness.
- Learning to apply this embodied process to work on dramatic scenarios.
- These will be filmed on the final day of the workshop
About Laurance Rudic
At acting school, he rejected fragmented and academic acting methods and techniques and began searching for a whole-self, seamless way of development rooted in the immediate sense of himself as body, senses and emotions. At the centre of this living process was the ever-present spirit of improvisation.
After three years of study at acting school, he embarked on a long association with an internationally-famous theatre company based in his home city of Glasgow, Scotland. The company was a finishing school for many now-famous Hollywood actors including Gary Oldman, Sean Bean, Mark Rylance, Tim Curry, Tim Roth, Piers Brosnan, Ciaran Hinds and Ruper Everett. Away from the conventional world of theatre, he was free to be the artist that he always wanted to be – always creative and innovative while acting in a new prodiction every three weeks. After 25 years of working with the company and a great many roles, he discovered a basic and innate way of acting that is both solid and resilient.
He has traveled extensively in several countries, including: Morocco, Iran, Afghanistan and Egypt, researching the roots of traditional performance to enrich his creative process. In 2000, he visited Egypt and was invited to transfer some of his practical experience to others. He has conducted several workshops in various places, including: El Warsha Theatre Company; The American University; the Cairo Contemporary Dance company (CCDC), the Egyptian Actors’ Union; Studio Zat and The Arab Film School.
12 Sessions – 36 Hours
Dates and times:
- Sat. 27th of May, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Mon. 29th of May, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Wed. 31st of May, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Sat. 3rd of June, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Mon. 5th of June, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Wed. 7th of June, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Sat. 10th of June, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Mon. 12th of June, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Wed. 14th of June, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Sat. 17th of June, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Mon. 19th of June, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
- Wed. 21st of June, 2023 from 7:00PM and until 10:00PM
Arab Film School – 18 Abdullah Deraz St. Ard El Golf, Heliopolis, Cairo
50% of the workshop fees confirm your registration, if you did not pay before we get the
maximum number of participants, your registration is not valid.
You can also pay through Symple, 0% interest – 5 months installments
Before two weeks of the workshop starting date participants will get a full-refund.
During the last two weeks before the workshop starting date participants will get 50% refund of their payment
One week before the workshop starting date participants can not refund their payment.
+2010 986 01564