In this workshop:
1) Directing: Mohammed Nader: 20 session
– Knowing the main concepts of visual narration.
– Main principles of directing.
– How the director should treat and analyze the script.
– The relation between the director and the scriptwriter
– How to form cadre that show most important points in the script.
– Knowing different angles and sizes of the cadres, and angles of shooting, camera movements and lens sizes
– How to use the camera, knowing the different kinds of camera and the materials.
– How to light the scene professionally.
Knowing how to use all the director’s tools to serve the drama in terms of sizes, movements, etc. and the drama goals.
2) Scriptwriting: Ahmed Mourad 2 sessions
– Basics of the script; starting from selecting the topic to screen!
– Plot, crisis, climax and solution are essential elements of script writing.
– The existence of new screening platforms that requires standard specifications for writing depends on international Drama standards, what’s IMPORTANT to new writers to consider?
3) Cinematography: DOP Ahmed Hussein 4 sessions
The different types of cameras, lenses and necessary equipment and the differences between them. How to benefit from them dramatically?
– Lighting basics, types and differences between them.
How to make a professional cinematic cadre with your lowest cost?
– The relationship between the director and the DOP and the common words between them.
4) Directing Actors: Ramy El-Gindy 4 sessions
– How to direct an actor?
– The relationship between the director and the actor and how the director’s role effects the choices an actor makes in performance.
– The importance of rehearsals.
– Practicing through some scenes from the most important international films.
5) Editing: Emad Maher 2 sessions
Relationship between Editor and Director?
Scene – Shot – Take
The Birth of Continuity Editing:
Lumiere – Melies – Porter – Griffith
The Soviet Theory of Montage
Kuleshov Effect – Eisenstein Continue Editing VS Montage Editing:
The four dimensions of editing
180 Degree Rule
Match on Action
L Cut \ J Cut
Fade in \ Fade out
ALTERNATIVE TO THE CONTINUEITY EDITING
BREAKING THE RULES
The French New Wave
ADVANCED EDITING THEORIES
When does Film Continuity REALLY matter?
IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE
Walter Murch – book study
6) Film Music: Dr. Marwan Fawzy 3 sessions
Basic key concepts:
Music score Vs. soundtrack
The dramatic impact of sound
Music and silence
Music and screenplay
Music and characters design
Music and scenography
Symbolism if sound and music
Theatrical built scenes and music
Mise – en- scene and the audio shot
The qualities of good sound recording
Screen geography and sound
Mini introduction to foley art and sound design.
7) Production: Ahmed Zayyan 3 sessions
– An overview of long and short Documentary and Feature filmmaking.
– Criteria for selecting technical projects.
– How to make your project budget and all papers required to apply for any fund or logistical support?
– Fund or support for the project. How do I apply for my film?
– Defining the production departments and the role of each of Producer, Executive Producer, Production Manager and the rest of production team.
– How to deal with the rest of the technical departments and how to choose the appropriate work team for the film?
– How to conduct projects with low budgets?
– How do you profit from your project?
– Marketing, distribution and film screening methods.
😎 Decor : one session with Shady El-Anany
– study the techniques of the decor.
And finally, an attached development workshop that includes:
3 sessions with the director Mohamed Nader
During the workshop, the participants will have several exercises on writing the script, accessing a cinematic treatment for each person’s project, then filming the footage and directing a scene, through which they will be filtered and only five students will be selected to qualify for the development workshop with
The Director Sherif El-Bandary:
. During the project discussion lectures, each student will present a preliminary scenario for his own project and discuss it in detail with the director “Sherif El-Bandary” and his colleagues, and prepare for the implementation of the film after the end of the workshop period, which the school will support with the necessary equipment
Only one film will be selected as the best film to be fully produced by Arab Film Schoo